I understand that most of you, like myself, love going to the natural hair salon and being pampered. However, until you do, there are many things you can do to keep your hair looking its best. Here are a few great natural hair tips you can use to ensure your coils, kinks and locs look and feel fabulous and full of life.
Everyday Natural Hair Tips
30 Minutes is all your Hair Needs
Dedicating up to 30 minutes every day to your hair will ensure it remains soft, healthy, hydrated, and moisturized. Every 7- 10 days simply shampoo your hair to prepare it to receive the nutrients in your hair care ritual. Moisturize your hair daily with Indigofera Organic Hair Souffle or Nourishing Hair Milk. Hydrate and Shine with Hydrating Hair Mist & Nourishing Hair Serum. Every 2-3 days give your scalp extra tlc with the Botanical Hairdress to prevent dryness or itching.
Use a Satin Pillow Case
When you go to sleep, you need to ensure your hair retained moisture and breakage is prevented. You can easily protect your hair by sleeping on a satin pillow case.
Mist Moisturized Hair
Splash a little water-based herbal infused mist on your hair every day before you moisturize it. This will keep it moisturized for longer.
Enjoy a Healthier Diet
Adding healthy foods to your diet such as almonds, whole grains and salmon will give your hair the nutrients it needs to stay healthy.
Drink Plenty of Water
As a rule of thumb, I recommend drinking at least 50% of your body’s weight in water every day. For added effect, add a few squeezes of lemon to the water.
Use Protective Styles for most of the Week
While I understand you love to flaunt your twist outs and fros, styling your hair protectively will for at least 3 days a week will keep it optimally moisturized and help you retain its length.
Natural Hair Tips for Dry Hair
If you have dry hair and you cannot style it the way you want, do not worry as stress will only make it worse. Instead, ask yourself the following questions and answer honestly:
Are there harmful chemicals in your shampoos such as detergents and sulfates?
Did you forget to deep condition your hair?
What are you using to moisturize your hair?
Is it a poor quality product or even petroleum?
Natural Hair Tips for Dry Scalp
If you have a dry scalp and are thus seeing plenty of dandruff or feel frequent itches, there is something you forgot to do or did not notice. Ask yourself the following questions and answer honestly:
1. How quickly did you see dandruff after you shampooed?
2. Does your scalp feel itchy all the time?
3. Does your scalp feel tight?
4. When using products such as hair pomades, can you feel a build up?
5. What are you using to moisturize your scalp? Is it a poor quality product or even petroleum?
Natural Hair Tips for Breakage
If your hair is breaking, do not stress. Before you consult an expert, ask yourself the following questions and answer honestly:
1. How much hair are you losing? Would you describe it as excessive?
2. Do you see hair on your clothes?
3. When you brush your hair over the sink, do you see hair falling?
4. Does your hair, for any reason, look unhealthy?
Natural Hair Tips for Hair Loss
If you are starting to lose hair or feel your hair thinning, ask yourself the following questions and answer honestly:
1. Do you feel embarrassed when people see or mention any thin edges?
2. Where is the source of the thinning? Is it your crown?
3. If you consulted an expert, and are taking medication, are you still losing hair?
4. Do you lose hair only when you have a high stress level?
5. Did you lose any hair post partum?
6. Do you want a natural way to regrow your hair back to their thick and healthy state?